John Schimenti is the James Law Professor of Genetics with appointments in the Depts. of Biomedical Sciences and Molecular Biology & Genetics. He also serves as Director of the Center for Vertebrate Genomics. He received a B.A. from Rutgers College with majors in English and Biological Sciences in 1981, and his Ph.D. in Developmental Biology from the University of Cincinnati. After a postdoctoral fellowship at Princeton studying mouse genetics, he became an Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Genetics at Case Western Reserve Univ. in 1987. In 1992, he moved to The Jackson Laboratory in Bar Harbor, Maine, where he was a Senior Staff Scientist before relocating to Cornell in 2004. He is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Bolcun-Filas, E., White, M., Rinaldi, V., & Schimenti, J. C. (2014). Reversal of female infertility by Chk2 ablation reveals the oocyte DNA damage checkpoint.343:533.
- Wallace, M. D., Pfefferle, A. D., Shen, L., McNairn, A. J., Cerami, E. G., Fallon, B. L., Rinaldi, V. D., Southard, T. L., Perou, C. M., & Schimenti, J. C. (2012). Comparative Oncogenomics Implicates the Neurofibromin 1 Gene (NF1) as a Breast Cancer Driver.246-254.
- Chuang, C. H., Yang, D., Bai, G., Freeland, A., Pruitt, S. C., & Schimenti, J. C. (2012). Post-transcriptional homeostasis and regulation of MCM2-7 in mammalian cells.40:4914-4924.
- Su, Y. Q., Sugiura, K., Sun, F., Pendola, J. K., Cox, G. A., Handel, M. A., Schimenti, J. C., & Eppig, J. J. (2012). MARF1 regulates essential oogenic processes in mice.335:1496-1499.
- Hartford, S. A., Luo, Y., Southard, T. L., Min, I. M., Lis, J. T., & Schimenti, J. C. (2011). Minichromosome maintenance helicase paralog MCM9 is dispensible for DNA replication but functions in germ-line stem cells and tumor suppression.108:17702-17707.
- Li, X. C., Bolcun-Filas, E., & Schimenti, J. C. (2011). Genetic evidence that synaptonemal complex axial elements govern recombination pathway choice in mice.189:71-82.
- Bolcun-Filas, E., Bannister, L. A., Barash, A., Schimenti, K. J., Hartford, S. A., Eppig, J. J., Handel, M. A., Shen, L., & Schimenti, J. C. (2011). A-MYB (MYBL1) transcription factor is a master regulator of male meiosis.138:3319-3330.
- Chuang, C. H., Wallace, M. D., Abratte, C., Southard, T. L., & Schimenti, J. C. (2010). Incremental genetic perturbations to MCM2-7 expression and subcellular distribution reveal exquisite sensitivity of mice to DNA replication stress.6:e1001110-18158.
- Mihola, O., Trachtulec, Z., Vlcek, C., Schimenti, J. C., & Forejt, J. (2009). A mouse speciation gene encodes a meiotic histone H3 methyltransferase.323:373-375.
- Ward, J., Reinholdt, L., Motley, W., Niswander, L., Deacon, D., Griffin, L., Langlais, K., Backus, V., Schimenti, K., O’Brien, M., Eppig, J., & Schimenti, J. C. (2007). Mutation in mouse Hei10, an E3 ubiquitin ligase, disrupts meiotic crossing-over.3:e139.